Pre-Divorce Planning prepares you to know the answers to critical questions before you file for divorce. One critical question is, 'Can I afford to be a single person?'. What is the goal for your future? You may not have thought about it in terms of dollars and life style. Your future financial goals will become clearer by talking through your budget and life-style choices.
This information will assist you in making decisions that you can live with for years to come. Kratosa Divorce Advisors are skilled at analyzing and providing clarity on the financial issues of divorce. As divorce financial specialists, Kratosa Divorce Advisors understands the unique financial circumstances that surround a divorce.
Pre-Divorce Planning starts with understanding your marital financials as a family and as a single person. The financial analysis uses the same data that will be looked at during the divorce process. The analysis, may include but not be limited to the following information.
- Understanding the short-term and long-term effects of dividing property,
- Understanding tax issues,
- Analyzing pension and retirement plans,
- Calculating the present value of a pension,
- Determining the cost basis and capital gains on the sale of the marital home,
- Determining if the client can afford the marital home, and if not, what he or she can afford.
- Evaluating the insurance needs of the client and determining if the client qualifies for COBRA.
- Determining earning capabilities, and
- Establishing assumptions for projecting inflation and rates of return.
Other specialists may be enlisted as necessary, including, but not limited to, a mental health therapist and an attorney.